Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Everyday Look With Grandma Lip Tar




Hello! Today's post is a quick and simple look you can do everyday. You can just swap out the blush and lip colors for whatever you like or add a quick cream shadow and kohl liner. Easy! In this post I'm using a couple of products I haven't blogged about before. First is Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar. I've used these before and I absolutely love them. They are long-wearing and come in all kinds of awesome colors that are meant to be mixed. The tube will last forever since you need so little. A dot about the size of a lower case "o" in this post may be too much, but it gives you a good idea of how pigmented these are. They're definitely worth a try!

         Next up is Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream. Admittedly I never would've tried this since I never seemed to have any luck choosing drugstore foundations but it was too light for my sister and she gave it to me. It was a perfect match! (I wear Deep Sheer Tint usually an NC45/50 in MAC) This has an incredible formula. It's light but evens the skin and hydrates it well. If you're drier or used to a heavier moisturizer you may still want to use one with this. My only complaint is that I wish it didn't have sunscreen but that's just personal preference. I really can't recommend it enough. The price can't be beat either. I believe it hovers around $10 but with the sales drugstores usually run you can get it cheaper for sure. Before buying make sure the store has a generous return policy in case you need to return it for a different shade.
         Finally I have bareMinerals Matte loose powder. I love this powder. It gives a glow and covers quite well, while keeping you matte. I used it in this look lightly dusted over my face. I'm wearing shade Medium Dark. If you are going to go for the pressed version and you have deeper skin do test it out first since the artist that sold this to me said it has a tendency to look ashen since it contains sunscreen.

I think that about covers it! Photos below!

Face:
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Deep Sheer Tint
bareMinerals Matte loose powder in Medium Dark
M.A.C ProLongwear Concealer in NC45
M.A.C Mineralize Blush in Love Joy
M.A.C Mineralize SkinFinish in Semi-Precious Pearl (LE)
M.A.C Brow Pencil in Stud
M.A.C Clear Brow Gel
M.A.C Opulash Mascara in Optimum Black
Shiseido Mascara Base

Lips:
M.A.C Prep and Prime Lip
OCC Lip Tar in Grandma
M.A.C Lip Pencil in Cushy (LE)
M.A.C Tendertone in Purring







2 comments:

  1. U look so gorgeous, recently found ur blog&i love it am following!

    ReplyDelete