Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let's Get Nekkid!


Let's Get Nekkid is the latest collection from Cult Nails. It's a collection of shades inspired by the skintones of people in Maria's (the creator of Cult Nails) family but named after nude beaches. I think it's a fabulous idea and it was executed perfectly! There are 5 shades in this collection. They are:
 Mazo- A sheer beige with a gold shimmer. I love this shade! It's the perfect color to wear if you don't want a lot of color on the nails.
Baker- This is a orangey peach beige. This one is not as sheer as Mazo, but it can be built up nicely.
Toxic Seaweed- This is a pretty greeneish teal color that can be worn alone or layered. It's got alot of glitter and flakes in it. I can't wait to see how this looks layered over various polishes.
Tulum- This is a smokey grreyish taupe brown color with gold shimmer. It's gorgeous! It looks warmer on the nail than it does on the bottle
Swanbourne- This is one of my favorites! It's a rich bittersweet chocolate brown with gold shimmer. It's simply gorgeous!
My favorites are Mazo, Swanbourne and Toxic Seaweed because it breaks up the monotony of the nudes perfectly. I really like this collection! It's fun and has a great story behind it that you can read here. I pre-ordered my set but these will be on sale soon. I would watch the Cult Nails Facebook and Twitter pages to see exactly when especially if you want Toxic Seaweed. It's limited to what Maria has on hand if/until she can find another source for the flakes in it.
This is another mini-post. I apologize in advance for the swatches. I will be getting some lighting equipment soon, so my swatches will be more accurate, consistent and clear. Other than that I just need to perfect painting my nails. :)
Swatches are with two thin coats, no base or top coats.



No comments:

Post a Comment