Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Dark Spring



There are so many trends going this spring, and one of my favorites is pairing light and deep colors. If you love wearing deep colors on your lips, you can still get that spring feel by using lighter eyeshadows and blushes for an ironic contrast. You can do the same by lightening your lips if you love dark eyes. This concept can be applied to any area of your face (or nails!).

For this look I used Cliniques TouchBase in Uplighting as a shadow primer. Usually I have no problems with these but mine is over a year old and I've noticed it applied patchy (I really didn't notice until I started shooting and it my shadow showed up uneven). I really think it's the age of the product. When they're new they work pretty good. On the flipside I've had other bases such as M.A.C Paints and Paint Pots and Elizabeth Arden's Eye-Fix Primer (old formula) for much longer and they still apply flawlessly. That being said if you do grab some of the Clinique Touchbases leave the foil on top of the product and that may help preserve it. Ok enough chatter onto photos!

Face:
Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Foundation in Warm Almond 6.5
M.A.C ProLongwear Concealer in NC45

Cheeks:
M.A.C Gloss in Clear

Eyes:
Clinique TouchBase in Uplighting
SugarPill Paper Doll Chromalust
Shiseido Lash Primer
M.A.C False Lashes Mascara
M.A.C Brow Pencil in Spiked

Lips:
M.A.C Lip Pencil in Nightmoth
M.A.C Lipstick in Dark Deed (LE)
M.A.C Lipglass in Revenge is Sweet (LE)







4 comments:

  1. That is really pretty! And I love your complexion! ^.^ It really sets it off, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anonymous thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your locks. I had mine for about a year now and can finally style it. How did you get the curls in your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sade! I used pipe cleaners and end papers. Get black ones if you can. The curls literally last until you take them out. Dampen your locs with a bit of water and use a setting lotion roll and go! I keep mine in overnight but my Loctician keeps hers in for days! Let me know how it works out for you! If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

    ReplyDelete