Thursday, October 28, 2010

Maleficent!

So now we reach my favorite part of Venomous Villains! Maleficent! I adore purples and things that are dramatic so naturally 98% of the collection came home with me. This is a look I imitated from Temptalia. This is her Maleficent look. I don't know how I feel about it on me, but on her it was FAB! I think I would tweak the liner a tad. I don't have a silver liquid liner (yet!) so I used SugarPill's ChromaLust in Tiara, so that's why I didn't get as fine of a line as I would have liked. At any rate looking back at my photos I like it much more now that I did then so that's a plus!

MINI MALEFICENT REVIEW:
I must say the diamond in the rough of this collection was Revenge Is Sweet Lipglass. I know alot of people didn't give it much love (shame!) and I'm not sure why. It's gorgeous! It gives such a nice wash of purple-pink shimmer and leaves your lips looking juicy! Since it's translucent your lips look that much more succulent. If you love Violetta Lipstick (so gorgeous!) this will be it's new BFF.
 When I saw Briar Rose Beauty Powder I was in love!! Then I swatched it. I needed 2! Then I applied it. It was upsetting. I needed so much to even show up and even then it just sat on my face. It didn't melt into it hours later it just layed on top of my skin. It's stunning on those that can wear it but not so much on me. I just use my Vintage Grape Blush Ombre to substitute.
The nail polishes are fab, but don't be heartbroken if you didn't get them, there are OPI and Orly dupes floating around. The eyeshadows were superb! She Who Dares Mineralized Shadow was my favorite by far!  My Dark Magic Mineralized Shadow is pretty even though for me there wasn't enough diffrentiation between the 2 colors. It would look amazing paired with hot pinks and purples though. (Dr. Facillier I'm talkin' to you!) Wrong Spell Lipglass is such a unique and complex gloss. It's super pretty used sheer and hotness applied opaque. Try it over M.A.C's Cyber Lipstick! Dark Deed Lipstick is really pretty but if you missed it Deepest Wish Lipstick from Tartan Tale is just like it.
So enough of my (oh-so-late{but seriously you really can still get some of this stuff if you look}) review and on to pics!

Face:
Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Foundation in Warm Almond 6.5
Bobbi Brown Face Touch-Up Stick in Warm Almond 6.5

Cheeks:
M.A.C Vintage Grape Blush Ombre (LE)

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
M.A.C Eyeshadow in Shroom
M.A.C Mineralize Eyeshadow in She Who Dares (LE)
M.A.C Mineralize Eyeshadow in My Dark Magic (LE)
SugarPill ChromaLust Shadow in Tiara
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Graffiti
Shiseido Mascara Base
Napoleon Perdis Long Black Mascara in Black Black

Lips:
M.A.C Lipliner in Magenta
M.A.C Lipglass in Revenge is Sweet (LE) (LOVE the name!)
M.A.C Lipstick in Violetta (Available M.A.C's site)











2 comments:

  1. This look is gorgeous! I love the Violetta lipstick, I saw it in another makeup look. I have to get it:)

    http://www.touchingfaceswithbeautyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes you HAVE to get Violetta! It's so gorgeous! I love it with Magenta liner and clear gloss! Delish! :)

    ReplyDelete