Monday, August 16, 2010

Purple Haze!

This is a look I did using all purples. It came out ok! I love the colors but next time think I'll do something different with textures and color placement. I'm not crazy about the lashes either. Sometimes I can pop them right on and then other times it's Russian Roulette. Far away they look good, but upon closer review not so much! I also made the mistake of over applying M.A.C's Saint Germain lipstick! (Which I guess in looking at the pics; the ones I decided to post anyway, *lol* I didn't go TOO overboard!)This isn't a color that those with deeper skintones can apply with reckless abandon. (Even though this IS a color I would suggest trying on deep skin) It should be dabbed on SPARINGLY and adjusted from there. I can't really tell you why I applied it straight from the tube.... I guess all looks don't come out the way you want do they? At any rate it was fun to do and I thought I'd share! :) Want more deets? Keep Reading!

Face:
Bobbi Brown Natural FInish Foundation in Warm Almond 6.5
Bobbi Brown Touch Up Stick in Warm Almond 6.5
M.A.C Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
M.A.C Parfait Amour Eyeshadow
M.A.C Au Contraire Eyeshadow
M.A.C Fashion Groupie Eyeshadow
M.A.C Shroom Eyeshadow
M.A.C Top Knot Eyeshadow
SugarPill Loose Color Pigment in Hysteric
SugarPill Pressed Eyeshadow in Poison Plum
M.A.C Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Designer Purple
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero
Shiseido Mascara Primer
Napoleon Perdis Long Black Mascara in Black Black
Ardell False Lashes # 305
M.A.C Brow Pencil in Spiked

Cheeks:
Lacncome Powder Blush in Shimmer Pink Pool
M.A.C Blush Ombre in Vintage Grape (Dark end to contour)

Lips:
M.A.C Saint Germain Lipstick
M.A.C Clear Gloss

















5 comments:

  1. very pretty!! now I want parfait amour!!

    http://icosmeticrn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Parfair Amour is such an awesome color! It would look fab on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW..I just tagged you to do a happy 101 tag..it was so much fun to do..I hope you will do it!

    http://icosmeticrn.blogspot.com/2010/08/happy-101-tag-this-was-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi i just recently started reading your blog!

    i really like this look, and the last few posts i've seen. i like the way you do your makeup, it's fun and glamorous without being ott. i really like the blush/contour in this particular look and i'd like to try it out, but i'm not sure how it will work on my skintone...we shall see i guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anahdara Thanks so much for all of your compliments (and for following!)

    I think anyone can do this look. You can use a lighter color palette or use a large fluffy brush to deposit less color. Don't be afraid to expirement :) Send me a pic when you try it! I know you will look fab!

    ReplyDelete