Thursday, August 5, 2010

Midnight Bloom!

Midnight Bloom with M.A.C Nightmoth Lipliner
Midnight Bloom is another Pure Color Gloss ($20) from Estee Lauders fall collection Blue Dahlia by Tom Pecheux. This an absolutely stunning color that quite frankly I have no idea how to describe. In the tube it appears to be a deep wine berry OR a black gloss with red sparkles depending on the lighting you happen to be in.
When I first saw this at the store it appeared to be the latter. When I got it in the mail (had to order online, store was out!) I thought I'd been sent the wrong gloss because it looked like a rich berry. Soon as I pulled out the applicator though I knew I had the right one! It's a rich, gorgeous bold gloss with a jelly texture. It can be applied straight from the tube to give a sheer wash of color or applied heavier for more punch. If you want to cut to the chase and get full blown drama get a disposable lipbrush dip it into the tube and apply! This MUST be worn with a lipliner be it colored or invisible. I shot pictures wearing it without liner straight from the tube, with a bright liner and a deep one. Each one gives this gloss a different look. I love it!

Face:
Bobbi Brown Foundation Touch Up Stick in Warm Almond 6.5
Mally Beauty Skin Adjustable Coverage Foundation in Rich

Cheeks:
M.A.C Sincere Sheertone Powder Blush
M.A.C Powder Blush in Ablaze (Limited Edition)

Eyes:
M.A.C Tete-A-Tint Eyeshadow
M.A.C Shroom Eyeshadow
M.A.C Boot Black Liquid Liner

Lips:
Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss  in Midnight Bloom

Midnight Bloom alone

M.A.C Cherry Lipliner



Midnight Bloom with M.A.C Cherry Lipliner
Midnight Bloom with M.A.C Cherry Lipliner




 M.A.C Nightmoth Lipliner




 Midnight Bloom with Nightmoth Lipliner



 Midnight Bloom with Nightmoth Lipliner

 Midnight Bloom Indoors with flash


4 comments:

  1. AHHH!!!! saw you on temptalian no makeup makeup look!! u look gorgeous..I love the glow you had!!! We were both features!! I am so excited!!!

    http://icosmeticrn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! And thanks for stopping by! I'm crazy excited too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you on Temptalia as well---LOVED your look. I am soooo getting this gloss....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool!! Thanks for stopping by! Thanks so much, I LOVE that blush and gloss! And yes Midnight Bloom is SO awesome! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete